Banana Nana


I made very yummy banana bread this weekend, the cure for browning bananas we'd likely never eat otherwise.
I also learned something undiscovered about my husband, "You know banana bread is one of my most favorite foods in the world, right?" he asked mouth opening for a big moist bite of bread.
The recipe had the unexpected twist of calling for coconut. Believe it or not, I actually had an entire bag of shaved coconut that's been in the cupboard waiting for its purpose. It really goes very nicely without feeling like you're eating a loaf that someone spilled the tanning lotion over.

Thank you, Mark Bittman, for the easy recipe.

1 comments:

JCK said...

May I second that with: the "How to Cook Everything" cookbook is awesome. My favorite waffle recipe comes from there.

 

Design in CSS by TemplateWorld and sponsored by SmashingMagazine
Blogger Template created by Deluxe Templates