Toaster Troubles

Remember how my toaster just up and became toast itself?
The folks at Hamilton Beach responded to my complaint, with instructions that resembled that of a kidnapper holding a functioning toaster for ransom. Cut off the cord to the toaster, then cut the plug off the cord, mail it to them with a check to ship me a new toaster. I am a little grumpy that their toaster breaks and I have to pay shipping, but I'll take these crumbs after the second toaster I bought on amazon.com also failed. I also had to pay shipping for that too!
I am beginning to suspect that the cats stay up at night and just slam the lever down again and again and again for kicks.
I may go back to the classic dinky toaster oven and forget the joy of toast popping up.

2 comments:

Andra Sue said...

I dunno. I've had the same toaster for 11 years (white, Kitchenaid) and it works fine. I I think maybe you just got a raw deal? On the other hand, I've done the "cut off the cord and plug" dance with our Black & Decker iron 4 times now. Gah.

Jean Therapy and Therapy said...

I'm telling you Hello Kitty toaster is the bomb!

 

Design in CSS by TemplateWorld and sponsored by SmashingMagazine
Blogger Template created by Deluxe Templates