Sew...

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know my talented sister was sewing her own prom dress in high school. (Whatever. Not jealous, even over 10 years later...) I am, however, proud of what I made today at sewing class. A summer top.
I brought home the fabric before the class and Jason asked if I was making a Navajo blanket. Ha-ha. The teacher even asked me where I'd found the fabric. I took this as a compliment, but maybe she was wondering how close the nearest Indian reservation could be??

I had every confidence while having an instructor right at my side to create something from a sewing pattern, but I'm wondering if I could do it unchaperoned. The same pattern had a 3/4 sleeve version - with little ties! - that I'm curious to try.
And looking at fabrics online makes me more tempted. Wonder what kind of smarty pants remark Jason will have for these prints? (From fabricworm.com)

2 comments:

abby said...

It looks great! Are you going to be available for curtain and pillow work for our new house? We saw some great fabrics at Ikea yesterday... There are a couple of great fabric stores to show you here: Bolt, Josephine's, and Mill End (which I haven't been to yet).

Jck said...

very cute! I love it.

 

Design in CSS by TemplateWorld and sponsored by SmashingMagazine
Blogger Template created by Deluxe Templates