Functional Art


This weekend I wandered Chicago's Old Street Arts Festival wondering if I might find some artwork for our new home. I'd love something to cover our electrical box which is obviously located in our hallway.
Sadly, it's a little hard to shop for art when your dimensions are so specific, but your artistic impulse so unfocused. Was I looking for a color? Abstract or photography? Little surprise, I came home with only pretty glass coasters, which are definitely too small to cover the electrical box.
I do like Surface View's murals though. (More than enough to cover an electrical box - but maybe a little tricky to take down in the dark when the lights are out and you need to flip a breaker.)(This apartment was featured in apartment therapy.)

0 comments:

 

Design in CSS by TemplateWorld and sponsored by SmashingMagazine
Blogger Template created by Deluxe Templates