Happy Birthday!

Thanks for everyone's birthday wishes, and gifts. And even the Facebook tidings that sometimes are sincere, but also sometimes feel a little automated. Hey, guy who I haven't seen since high school, and barely talked to then, thanks for writing on my wall. I did get myself a brownie with my lunch today, wore a cute dress, and trimmed up the pretty pink roses that came home with Jason. (I wondered if it was a reflection of our neighborhood that the name of the roses were "Latin Lady." Feliz cumpleanos!)
My friends wanted to treat me with a night out celebration, but I demurred this year, not feeling in the mood for being the center of attention. (It's so awkward, having to wear the crown on your head like that...)
This Friday I get to see my sister, for a small celebration with her (and brother-in-law) too! Fewer guests = more cake to go around.

2 comments:

Jean Therapy said...

Happy birthday dear one! We might have not seen each other since HS but don't ever doubt how much you mean to me! I hope you had a wonderful day and have a fantastic year. PS...I love how fuzzy you've become. Did anyone ever tell you that you seem to be resembling a panda these days?

:)
XOXO
Leah

Claire said...

Thank you! So much!
As for the panda resemblance, maybe my hair is just going salt & pepper with age?? ;)

 

Design in CSS by TemplateWorld and sponsored by SmashingMagazine
Blogger Template created by Deluxe Templates