Illustrating a Point

One of the things that makes me excited for the pending baby boom of both my good college friend, and sister, is the reason to browse through the shelves of the children's section of the bookstore.

Why can't adult books have illustrations? How come once you hit "chapter books" there's no need for pictures?

Etsy artist Amber Alexander tempts me to put illustrations up on my walls instead.

"Pumpkin Pie""Desperado""Squirrel Art - Donald" He's serving martinis, probably not appropriate for a children's book."Tolerance"These just make me grin.

(The weekend's WSJ story about childhood classic Betsy-Tacy books by Maud Hart Lovelace - which I remember my mother telling me she'd read as I kid, after I'd brought one home from my grade school library - must have me feeling nostalgic.)

0 comments:

 

Design in CSS by TemplateWorld and sponsored by SmashingMagazine
Blogger Template created by Deluxe Templates