Pet Peeves:Figurative Jewelry

The irk of the seasonal jewelry commercials, and their contrived saccharine scenarios, has a deeper level for me.

One of my pet peeves: figurative jewelry. Jewelry is pretty by itself, it doesn't need a story and an explanation to go with it, like Jane Seymour's "Open Hearts" Necklace.She uses numerous 30-second spots on television to explain to us what this piece of jewelry means. Good jewelry speaks for itself.

I can say this with impunity since most of our family is not exchanging gifts, and Jason has been briefed on my thinking on this topic. To his credit, all I had to say was "figurative jewelry" and he knew what I was talking about.

0 comments:

 

Design in CSS by TemplateWorld and sponsored by SmashingMagazine
Blogger Template created by Deluxe Templates