Stopping in Mexico

One of the most anticipated and eventually most-loved stops of our tour was the Mayan ruins of Tulum.
It was a wickedly hot day, and our tour guide took a painfully slow, deliberate pace to his tour. He was kind and informative, but standing in the heat I often wondered, like an impatient East Coaster, if he might just get to the point. "My friends, amigos, may I share something with you? May I tell you something of my country? Of my people?" "YES! What is it!?? Tell me!!" I silently demanded in my head.
We enjoyed watching our fellow tourists chase the iguanas and lizards for photos.
When the tour was over we had the choice to head out for lunch, or down to the beach. I asked Jason for his preference and his reply, "I could do with a splash," made me laugh.
One of the very peak moments of our vacation was climbing down to the beach and splashing into the clear blue waves of the cool ocean. It was the best. If it hadn't been for the need to get back to the bus, and the outstanding matter of lunch, I could have stayed there all day. The waves were tall and salty, but yet perfect for washing off our salty sweat.
We might go back to the "Mexican Riviera" sometime in the future.

0 comments:

 

Design in CSS by TemplateWorld and sponsored by SmashingMagazine
Blogger Template created by Deluxe Templates