Valentine's Dinner

This Valentine's Day weekend we laid a little low, attributed somewhat to the gift of a cold that Jason gave me recently.

We cooked dinner at home, using one of the many filet mignon recipes I've been tearing out and saving for years. Accompanied by a big bottle of good beer: I selected Cooking Light's Filet Mignon with Mushroom Wine Sauce. There was a small hurdle when I couldn't find beef consommé in the grocery aisle, but beef broth was a workable substitute. Although I was a little worried when the pan initially looked full of mushrooms in raspberry sauce. With a quick 5-minute side of Green Giant Steamers peas... voila!Plates ready, we settled down for an episode of "Mad Men" on Blu-Ray.

0 comments:

 

Design in CSS by TemplateWorld and sponsored by SmashingMagazine
Blogger Template created by Deluxe Templates