Squirrel Nutkin Might Recommend...

In the now usual scouring of the grocery store shelves for the healthy and whole-grain, I stumbled across these yummy items: Blue Diamond Nut-Thins. They are in the cracker aisle, ...but made of nuts, ...however they crunch like a sturdy potato chip. I picked up hazelnut. There's also different almond flavors and pecan.

I don't really know what gluten is, but there's none of it here. When I was telling my friend about my diet lately she remarked that I could probably do ok with celiac disease (which her son had just been diagnosed with) because my diet was low on gluten. The South Beach Diet apparently also encourages living with less gluten. And judging from the pizza place that I pass everyday to work that now advertises gluten-free pizza, it looks like it's a growing trend.

But these you could just get because they are tasty and healthy.

3 comments:

Andra Sue said...

Oh! I eat these all the time...they are especially delicious with peanut butter and perhaps a small slice of apple. And as an aside, they are dirt cheap for a gluten-free cracker. Yay! :)

3lennons said...

Looking forward to picking these up, but I have to ask, what were you doing in the cracker aisle? :)

Claire said...

*Whole Grain* crackers! They're ok with low fat cheese, some apple slices or raspberries = dinner.

 

Design in CSS by TemplateWorld and sponsored by SmashingMagazine
Blogger Template created by Deluxe Templates