Life Lesson Addendum: Sunglasses, Not a Headband

No sooner had I lauded the perfect wonderfulness of lots of sunglasses, I was reminded that there is a time and place for everything.

Looking across the conference room (at a coworker who I do like a lot, and who was dressed really nicely today) I thought, "It's nearly 2 pm. We're indoors. In a room with the blinds drawn. She hasn't been outside since 8:30 am this morning. Why are her sunglasses on top of her head?"

It's the sunglasses as headband thing.

If you need a headband, get a headband. Sunglasses as a substitute just doesn't work.

And there are so many very nice headbands, that aren't awfully Hillary-in-the-1990s either.
Nautical spirit from Forever 21

Skinny sequins from J. Crew

Hot pink from Marc Jacobs and Zappos.

See, even I sported a headband for a bit of panache at Easter. (That's niece June who I've chopped out of the photo. If you saw her, she'd totally steal the show in this photo. Plus I haven't really asked her mom about promoting June on the worldwide web.)One of the many, from Urban Outfitters.

1 comments:

jck said...

That feather headband was awesome at Easter. No problem if you promote June on the blog or promote her personal stylist - what a great dress she is wearing ;)

 

Design in CSS by TemplateWorld and sponsored by SmashingMagazine
Blogger Template created by Deluxe Templates