Little Kid You

A small shout out for Jason and his recently published "Buckeye Battle Cry" Ohio State football annual. Jason was this year's editor, with a staff of writers completing many, many articles on this year's Buckeye prospects. It's a side project to his blog. Get yours at newsstands now! (Or just email me if you're somewhere outside of Ohio and wish you had a copy.)

In addition to my being very proud of him, the other night I asked Jason, "So, how proud would 'you as a little boy' be of 'you' today? What would little kid Jason think about your being an Ohio State sportswriter?" He thought for a minute and agreed, "I think he'd say it's pretty cool."

This led to a longer conversation the next night, of what little kid him and little kid me would think of where we are today.

Would little kid Claire believe that I'd moved to Chicago? Adult Jason guessed that little kid Jason would love riding the train to work everyday, and be impressed that he figured out computers pretty much on his own. Little kid Claire would find it kind of crazy that I get to travel for work nearly as much as my Dad did, and have an office all my own. She might be surprised about the husband who's such a sports fan, but the writer bit would delight her as much as it delights me today.

So, what would 'little kid you' think of adult 'you' now?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved this entry. I'm enjoying to think of what Little Allison would think of life now.

Anonymous said...

I loved this entry. I'm enjoying to think of what Little Allison would think of life now.

jck said...

Wow, that is awesome, Jason! Congrats!

 

Design in CSS by TemplateWorld and sponsored by SmashingMagazine
Blogger Template created by Deluxe Templates