Reason to Celebrate

The calendar that came with our last delivery order from local favorite Chinese place tells me 2011 is the year of the Rabbit.
Besides loving bunny rabbits lots, I am also a Rabbit year person. Take away from this as much as you would from knowing I was also born on a Sunday, and am a Virgo. (So not too much really.)
"People born in the Year of the Rabbit are articulate, talented, and ambitious. They are virtuous, reserved, and have excellent taste. Rabbit people are admired, trusted, and are often financially lucky. They are fond of gossip but are tactful and generally kind. Rabbit people seldom lose their temper. They are clever at business and being conscientious, never back out of a contract. They would make good gamblers for they have the uncanny gift of choosing the right thing. However, they seldom gamble, as they are conservative and wise. They are most compatible with those born in the years of the Sheep, Pig, and Dog."

I also like carrots and burrowing into blankets.I wonder what this year will hold? (I wish I could remember if anything special happened in other rabbit years: 1987 and 1999. I guess if I can't remember the answer is probably no.)

2 comments:

Andra Sue said...

Oh! Yay for us 1975-ers!!! That description fits us to a tee, does it not? ;)

Do you remember in (I think) 3rd grade learning about the Chinese Zodiac calendar at FF? I have a crayon drawing somewhere of a Rabbit with some Chinese symbols and a scrolly-looking "1975" on it I'd made that year.

And yay for Virgos as well, everyone knows we have the best Zodiac sign!

Claire said...

I guess there goes any chance of my convincing readers we are 1987er's! ;) Not sure I'd want to be 23 again anyway...so much uncertainty about the future.

I do remember FFS school and learning about this; I imagine we were a class of all rabbits.

 

Design in CSS by TemplateWorld and sponsored by SmashingMagazine
Blogger Template created by Deluxe Templates