Feeling My Age

When NPR is both introducing you to new music and their commentators are covering the "maturity" of today's Beastie Boys, you begin to feel a lot less hip. Intellectual is the new cool?

For a funny Beastie Boys retrospective, there's this, with a great video now playing on Comedy Central also.

And the latest album I downloaded was thanks to NPR's World Cafe, was Bell X1's "Bloodless Coup." The Irish band is described as "pre-electronic Radiohead and the more sedate side of Coldplay." My favorite song so far is "Sugar High" which these days I'm bemused to be getting from my maternity glucose test (which I passed!)...not so much pixie stix and Nerds.

0 comments:

 

Design in CSS by TemplateWorld and sponsored by SmashingMagazine
Blogger Template created by Deluxe Templates