Busy, Busy, Crochet, Crochet

When they told us in childbirth class that nesting and a burst of organizing, tidying and preparatory energy was a sign of childbirth I was worried. Oh no, that's me. This was two weeks ago and I was not at all ready.

But then I remembered, that's kind of always me. I think the medical veracity of the nesting and tidying as a sign of labor may be a little questionable, or just coincidental. You know the due date is imminent, so you hustle to finish up the nursery and clean the house. And at the same time the baby arrives, because your due date is imminent.

Regardless, it's been a little hard remember to stay still and rest when there are a bunch of things on my "to do" list. While I thought that signing up for a crochet class was really insane so close to my due date, it has actually worked out quite well. I have to sit on the couch and put my feet up to do my weekly crochet homework. (Though it seems like I can't really get my feet nearly high enough, long enough, to alleviate their swelling. I have meatloaves attached to my ankles.)

But here's some of the outputs of my resting (not nesting) moments: 2 scarves!One a granny square* style and the other a ruffle that's still in progress. When that one is done I also have another bag of yarn waiting...for another scarf. Good thing Chicago is so cold. And that baby seems to be in no hurry to arrive early, no matter how much I clean and tidy.

*Crocheting on the train ride home, one of my wise-ass friends thought to comment, "You know Claire, you could have stopped at becoming a mom... you didn't have to go all the way to Grandma."

0 comments:

 

Design in CSS by TemplateWorld and sponsored by SmashingMagazine
Blogger Template created by Deluxe Templates