The Time Has Come

All of the things that I'd hoped we get from The Jetsons in my lifetime flying cars was my number one wish. As someone who's now older and has a house to keep clean, Rosie the Housecleaning Robot is my most practical desire. (Sorry Roomba, while you are helpful with cat hair, your capabilities are still far behind! Rosie would be so helpful to have around.)But instead what we got is video phone calls. Particularly with our recent acquisition of iPhone 4S' with "Facetime" Jason and I are literally seeing a lot more of our distant friends.

It was funny to dial my sister (on her husband's iPhone) and see her quickly pull her hair out of its ponytail and give it a quick tousle as we greeted each other. I know I spent a few minutes of every holiday Skype call trying to inconspicuously fix my hair when I spied a stray curl in the mini video box. On really bad days I used Calvin's large head as my camouflage - he's who everyone really wants to see anyway, right?

It makes me wish that with the video phone calls we could have each gotten the Jane Jetson morning phone mask. I'm sure this was on Steve Jobs' list because even I remembered it from my young days watching cartoons.

0 comments:

 

Design in CSS by TemplateWorld and sponsored by SmashingMagazine
Blogger Template created by Deluxe Templates