Postcard from the Recent Past
We were delighted to host our siblings for Memorial Day weekend, Jason's brother and my sister, Juliet. Although there was a persistent rain on the day we set out for our architecture cruise and walking around Millenium Park, and then Jason's brother missed dinner, it was fun. (Right, guys?) I was happy to show my sister where we live, and even take her and Hugh to Chicago's Memorial Day parade. (Totally unplanned, but fortiutious.) I missed seeing my mayor go by on a float because I'd ducked into Borders to buy a map. Darn it.
On the sunnier Sunday we visited Frank Lloyd Wright's home and studio and walked around super-bucolic Oak Park. I mean it was really adorable: a little kid riding his first two wheeler down the street, followed by his mom calling out her encouragement; a bunny rabbit hopping out from the flowery hedge; oh, and there were peonies too.


Comments