The End of Tupperware?

Among the household necessities at the top of our wedding registry wishlist was new Tupperware. Although not being brand conscious in this area, it could also be Rubbermaid or whatever brand, it just has to be new, and better, and matching.
We have the inherited hodgepodge of plasticware from my family. There are lids that somehow continue to take up space in the cabinet despite their not having a container to match with. (After just finishing Boss by Mike Royko about Daley's Chicago patronage system I now think of these lids as the old neighborhood guys Daley kept in jobs at City Hall even though they could barely walk down the hall lucidly.)
Being people who live in a limited amount of space (as well as guilty citizens of the planet who are loathe to throw something away if it can still be considered to function) as every new registry item has come into our home we've tried to identify some old houseware item to go to the Salvation Army. But when I look at my current Tupperware I wonder if it would be disrespectful to think that anyone would want this. Even people who have survived hurricanes and fires and are rebuilding their kitchens deserve kind of nice stuff.
And then I stopped myself, if I wouldn't even give this Tupperware to the Salvation Army ...why am I continuing to use it myself? I know that stained tint is from Dad's spaghetti sauce, so it's not so bothersome? Wait, Dad died over 10 years ago now. 10 year old spaghetti sauce stains... yuck!
These are the kinds of things that blogs give you enough time to think about to facilitate decision making. If it's something that you're kind of ashamed to admit in a blog, it's something that you might want to change. Time to replace the tupperware.
But with what? I was surprised that it's kind of hard to find Tupperware or Rubbermaid at Bed, Bath & Beyond. (I think Tupperware still works through the house party shopping system, very '50s. There are still at-home shopping parties these days, but the wares are certainly different. You might want to click that link from home, not work.)
But on the other hand, it's very easy to find grocery store shelves filled with those little Glad reusable but disposable containers. Should we just switch over to them? I find the idea of little tuppies all in a row, matching lids, stacked containers very appealing. And this would be a lot easier than searching out the elusive permanent plastic containers. If there's a stain, throw it away with less guilt.
And there are even holiday designs, and sparkly versions.
I wonder if Tupperware ended and no one told me. (As though it's some kind of smack in your face sign, their factory did recently catch on fire in South Carolina.)

Comments
On the other hand, I've become more and more disenchanted with BB&B and LNT in the past few years. Seems like every time I go in there looking for something I'm sure they'd have, I come out empty handed. :(
Maybe try Target? I kind of think those throw away ones are wasteful (sorry). In fact, against my better judgement, I bought two large ones for Christmas cookies b/c they were inexpensive...and one lid already snapped in two. After only one use!
Too bad about your disposable experience, we've had ones for over a year that have stayed in one piece, despite dishwashing and re-use. Were you particularly aggressive (and maybe, hungry) when you opened your cookie container?
www.my2.tupperware.com/oceanpatriot