Slouch
I make it a ritual - sometimes short, sometimes considered - to pick out the next day's outfit every night. I'm really not a morning person, so I'd much rather spend the time making these decisions at night rather than 6 in the morning. Why lose precious minutes of sleep?
But all this thought is just lost when I get to work, realize I was overly optimistic about the temperature and toss on a cardigan. A slouchy grey cardigan that makes the professional, sophisticated, and stylish outfit I put together suddenly slouchy and frumpy. Do you want to promote this girl? Doesn't look like she's interested at anything at the top of the career ladder. Appears like she'd rather baby talk her cat and pick up her knitting.
Either I need to get better at planning outfits (not sure if that's possible after 30+ years of choosing my clothes, and the same lack of desire to be awake in the morning means I'm lucky if I catch 20 seconds of weather reporting from NPR) or I need better cardigans. More sophisticated, more professional.
Nice, but not my size.
Cute, but not sure I'd know how to wrap myself up in it properly.
From Etsy, looks so comfy and cute, yet posh for the weekends, but not at all addressing the work slouch problem.
I should probably just park a tailored jacket at the office for these days, and then I'd have a quick professional look.
(This one's from Old Navy - only $30, and shipping to me in just a few days.)
These earrings (Etsy also) would be a nice match too.
But all this thought is just lost when I get to work, realize I was overly optimistic about the temperature and toss on a cardigan. A slouchy grey cardigan that makes the professional, sophisticated, and stylish outfit I put together suddenly slouchy and frumpy. Do you want to promote this girl? Doesn't look like she's interested at anything at the top of the career ladder. Appears like she'd rather baby talk her cat and pick up her knitting.
Either I need to get better at planning outfits (not sure if that's possible after 30+ years of choosing my clothes, and the same lack of desire to be awake in the morning means I'm lucky if I catch 20 seconds of weather reporting from NPR) or I need better cardigans. More sophisticated, more professional.
Nice, but not my size.

Cute, but not sure I'd know how to wrap myself up in it properly.
From Etsy, looks so comfy and cute, yet posh for the weekends, but not at all addressing the work slouch problem.

I should probably just park a tailored jacket at the office for these days, and then I'd have a quick professional look.
(This one's from Old Navy - only $30, and shipping to me in just a few days.)These earrings (Etsy also) would be a nice match too.


Comments
XOXO