Cape Town Travel Diary: How I Eke Out Another Post
I've really already hit the highlights of the trip to Cape Town. By now you might think I was there for many more days of tourism, but if you could see all the photos you'd note I was wearing pretty much the same clothes in every shot, because it was really only 2 1/2 days.
So now, here are just the best photos I couldn't fit in as part of a cohesive story. Like these special birds of paradise we saw at the botanical garden, called Nelson's Gold, for Nelson Mandela. He's a pretty popular guy down there. I saw his face on purses, t-shirts, baby dresses, and dolls.
Also all over, was hype for the upcoming 2010 World Cup. I could see them building the stadium from my hotel room.
There are penguins in South Africa. If I was a penguin, I think I'd try to live on the warm shores of Africa too, as opposed to Antarctica or somewhere else too chilly. 
I thought it was ironic that the rock on the penguin beach also kind of looks like a penguin. Maybe they think that too and worship it like an idol? Or think of it like the Big Tex statue at the Texas State Fair?
So now, here are just the best photos I couldn't fit in as part of a cohesive story. Like these special birds of paradise we saw at the botanical garden, called Nelson's Gold, for Nelson Mandela. He's a pretty popular guy down there. I saw his face on purses, t-shirts, baby dresses, and dolls. 
I thought it was ironic that the rock on the penguin beach also kind of looks like a penguin. Maybe they think that too and worship it like an idol? Or think of it like the Big Tex statue at the Texas State Fair?


Comments