It's My New Bicycle
Although there's likely at least one more cold snap or snowfall left in Chicago's winter, I wanted a bike for the summer. Shopping early was the strategy, since Jason had heard last year that good used bikes a get snapped up early in the spring, and don't return again until late fall. After taking a test drive around the block I was happy with the ride and took this one home.
It's a little scruffy here and there, but the bike shop checked all its parts before putting it up for sale. Best of all, the price was right! I think I actually got the least expensive women's bike in the store.
Better glamor shots will follow when it's out and about on the bike trails for the summer. Which I think we'll do at least once. Remember the roller blades? I've used them maybe twice.
But at least I already know how to ride a bike.
I must be feeling cabin fever, because I also signed up for an early 5k today! (April 10th, a day when average temperatures range from 38-55 degrees.)
But at least I already know how to ride a bike.
I must be feeling cabin fever, because I also signed up for an early 5k today! (April 10th, a day when average temperatures range from 38-55 degrees.)

Comments