If you give me a cat and a metaphorical muffin....
I am finding my way out of the forest and the fog.
It's hard not to get distracted though. I overthink things. A LOT.
Unfortunately, living with an over-thinking person who had previously been most happy when getting tasks done and had thought of it was a way of showing my family how much I love and care for them daily... can leave a trail of half-completed tasks around that house for those same family members to discover and ask, "Claire, why is there an empty litter box in the sunroom?"
Answer v1: Because first it was in the kitchen, but I knew that was not a good place to leave it?
Answer v2: I cleaned out the litter boxes this morning as I do - particularly when the enigmatic, standoffish, but adorable Piper looks at me as though she wants something. Not food, nor treats - both of which she turned her nose up at. Maybe it's the litter box? I go downstairs, take care of this task, but have also had a 9:00 AM EST call to jump on.
As I go downstairs, I pass the laundry room and stop to fold laundry. A morning routine that starts to feel like the "If You Give a Moose a Muffin..." children's story, I think to myself. I start to recognize this, feel a little remorseful so, then go back to the task of the litter boxes.
Heading upstairs, during the morning time which I had told myself to use for "self care:" and do things like:
- watching Hoda & Jenna on the Today show (because it feels a little indulgent, silly and makes me smile) - lighting a nice smelling candle to remind myself to slow down and take care
- stretch - even if I'm already in my work clothes
- look at the sun shine and listen to the birds outside chirping
But I noticed all of this, and that's the step forward for today. Noticing and accepting - trying hard not to be self-critical.
Answer:v3 I am working on this, I know it irritates you and me I'm not perfect. I cleaned the litter boxes this morning, but also jumped on a call for work. I may want to ask for help with the litter boxes.
Answer v4: Piper tricked me.


Comments