How Does One Properly Prepare?
I stand on the cusp of an auspicious event for Claire: my first Ohio State Game. Ironically, it follows my move away from Columbus. This year the Buckeyes play Northwestern at Northwestern, just a few miles north from our new home in Chicago.
Not only is this my first OSU game, it's my first serious live football game. I am not counting the one or two football games that Abby and I made an appearance at, out of idle curiosity, at Oberlin. Considering they never once won, and barely scored the whole time we were there, I'm not sure those games count.
(Wikipedia offers some education on my alma mater's tragic football history: Ours was the first team coached by John Heisman --yeah, as in Heisman Trophy!--, who led the team to a 7–0 record in 1892. We even beat OSU twice! But in the modern era our fortune has changed: "The Oberlin teams of 1994 to 2000 have been rated the fifth worst college football teams of all time by ESPN.com.")
Being a girl, and one who worries a lot at that, I think the most serious preparation consideration I have is how to properly bundle for a November football game on the shores of Lake Michigan. And properly sport the scarlet and grey. And look cute. Part of the answer must be layers.
Although it was 65 degrees here yesterday, giving me a totally false sense of security going into my first Chicago winter.


Comments
1. beer
2. meat cooked on open flame
3. brown bag to wear over your head if you are going to cheer for OSU, the SHAME!
4. beer
Have fun! Nothing beats a good college band @ a football game and hopefully the OSU band makes the trip to NW and you can hear them b/c the NW band is subpar for the Big10.