Last Day of Vaca

I am averaging about 70 photos a day on this vacation. Thank you digital photography. Loading the old plastic roll of film onto the spokes of a 35mm camera seems so arcane by comparison. And then the waiting for photos to come back from CVS to know how good your vacation had really been.
Granted, about 10 of those photos are of our hotel shower, which is a functional wonder. A large shower stall with glass door, one of those rainfall shower heads, and a healthy size ledge/bench for sitting or propping a leg up for shaving. As Jason and I inch closer towards home ownership, these things take on more meaning and value. Yes, we were wooed by the jacuzzi tub of our apartment, but I think the jets have been fired up just once in 6 months, and yet we spend every day cramping into the the standing-coffin-size shower. We've also discussed the imperative need for a heated towel rack.
Even though I may paint myself the compulsive shutterbug (who else takes 10 photos of a shower?) I do remember that it's better to put down the camera and experience the moment and the place through my own eyes. Your memory can absorb the sounds, the smells, and the sights with far more depth than any photo. It would be a shame to see my entire vacation through the lens of a camera alone.
But for those of you who cannot be here, you might enjoy the photos.

Create Your Own!

Comments

Popular Posts