Please Do Not Cuddle the Koalas

In doing a little research for my upcoming trip tonight, I discovered the following: "Passengers are not permitted to hold Koalas by New South Wales law, but they may touch and pat the animal." Ack! No holding koalas!!?!!? Is this trip even worthwhile??! I jest, but it seems like everyone who's gone to Australia has a goofy photo of themselves holding a little snuggly koala bear. I don't even know these people but their Flickr photostreams offer documentary evidence that in other places in Australia, people can cuddle the koalas.
Maybe the only koala looking for a snuggle from me in Australia might be this little fellow.
At least it makes my shopping around for an excursion easier, since I was scouring the web for a trip that allowed for koala holding. Now that I know they're all the same I might sign up for afternoon champagne with the kangaroos. I don't think you're allowed to climb into their pouches though.


Comments