Public Service Announcement: Toaster

This is the world's worst toaster: Hamilton Beach 2-slice toaster.
Target shoppers agree.
Ours lasted <6 months. One day it was working and the next the little digital light was out and the lever to push the toast down wouldn't even stay put. It was so out of the blue and unexpected, I nearly blamed the cats for it. Even though I'd never seen them paw it once.
It's ironic because I probably paid 3x as much for this fancy, shiny, bagel-compatible toaster than I did for my first plastic white toaster oven I found at the Clover store-closing sale over ten years ago.
That little guy was still working when I upgraded him. He might still be in someone's home toasting away, since I probably donated him to the Salvation Army. I wrote a note to Hamilton Beach, and even sent them the Target reviews link. We'll see if they have anything to say, any words of defense that they're selling a repetitively defect product to lots of consumers.
If their reply is unsatisfactory, I think I'll write to Target to tell them to stop selling this toaster.
It irks me so much to lose money like this; feeling like a powerless consumer. Sometimes it's hard for me to shrug my shoulders and just let go. It's only toast.


Comments