In Six Words
One of my favorite local radio programs is hosting a conversation on the concept of the six-word memoir. While the show airs after this post, so I don't know where the conversation will go, they asked listeners to compose their own six-word memoirs. The prompts to consider were, “When this is over, I can’t wait to...” or “Life during the pandemic."
The exercise has fascinated me. I'm guessing the concept is inspired by the famous piece of micro fiction, "For Sale, Baby Shoes, Never Worn." Some say it was written by Ernest Hemingway, but maybe not. There's a lot of background and pathos in those few words.
What do I have to say in six words? Here are some of my memoirs of the pandemic:
- Hard lessons were learned with homeschooling.
- Disheartened, “I’ll need a Christmas mask.”
- Your dog is my best friend.
And after the pandemic:
- I should’ve gotten a dog too.
- I’m planning without fear or regret.


Comments