It's going to be fine

 Calming down by taking big deep breathes.

Munching on caramel corn puffs, because it helps.

The 'Peaceful Piano' playlist on Spotify.

Sitting outside, even if it's cold. (Pulling up a cozy hood on my wool coat, which to the world may make me seem more woeful or weird, but it's really so comfy*

Making a list, action-oriented and distracting to help move me past today's anger to tomorrow's new These are some of the things that I am turning to as touchstones to guide me along.

Acknowledging that I won't be able to respond to every text message. (that's ok.)

And just asking for a bit of space, trust  and understanding.

*I regret getting to the hoodie and pulled down baseball cap brim thing so late in life, and now in a moment where others will see crisis but I'm just enjoying a cozy moment.

And, all else fails: sending folks songs via Spotify to emphasize the point that while I am not 100% today, I am trying. And I will get there!

'Love Takes Time' Mariah Carey
'Safe and Sound'  Capital Cities
'We are made of Stars' Moby

Comments

Popular Posts