The Little Things

Who ever dreamed that a little bath rug could have such a profound impact on the mornings? My new fluffy white bath rug is my hero. It's perfect for burrowing toes into while brushing teeth. The dissatisfying cold feeling of wet feet on slick tile has also been answered. As well as the dangerous puddle they leave waiting for Jason in the morning after my shower. Previously I was dragging our bath mat (essentially just a towel that is priced differently than other towels) from the foot of the shower to the foot of the sink.
In the morning when I am grumpy and reluctant to go anywhere because the harshness of the pre-dawn world is no comparison to the soft warm sheets of bed, Rug encourages me, toes up, that softness is still there for me.
What's ironic is that this bath rug is promoted as part of the Hotel Collection from Bed, Bath & Beyond. When I considered it, most every hotel I've ever stayed in, didn't have a bath rug. They have the bath mat towel, usually displayed in a fan of origami towel art. In fact, of the 21 pages of "hotel" items on Bed, Bath & Beyond's website there are quite a few that I've never actually seen in hotels. The hotel shower caddy, for example. Being one of the most annoying things to clean at home, why would they put these in hotels where maids have over a hundred bathrooms to clean each day?
The whole idea of the "hotel" line seems directed to folks who never stay in hotels. Most of the time, I'm in a hotel I'm missing my bathrobe, my towels and my pillows. After apartment hunting in Chicago and returning the to a bare essentials Marriot Courtyard every night, Jason and I realized that the best way to appreciate the mattress you have at home, is to toss and turn on another for two nights.

Comments