Fashionably Late?
Early Adopter, I am not. I'm of the school of thought that it's best to let the impatient and foolhardy buy Round 1 of any technology, so that they can suffer (and hopelessly try to fix) the bugs and problems. (Like discovering that your beloved TiVo won't work with an HD plasma tv. *Sigh* I miss you TiVo. If I had only known the new TV would render TiVo an annoying obstacle sitting uselessly on the floor, I'd have forgone the new TV.)
But I'm also not one to like feeling as though I'm just trendy. Jumping on the bandwagon of the latest fashionable thing. One of the many sporting this season's identical shoe/coat/bag.
So where does that leave me? I am not ahead of the trend, and I don't like to follow as part of the herd... so let's just call me Fashionably Late. If it has endured the endorsments of those who came before me and now might qualify as a basic staple of fashion, I'll get it.
And if it's a cozy, nubby boot, and I'm just going into my first Chicago winter, the Ugg is mine. Yeah, you know, the boots that just seemed painfully hippy-dorky five years ago, and then made the big time with Jessica Simpson and the like sporting them. Although I'm the second wind of this fad, I am pleased with my new booties. Warm and cozy, especially after a day of storming around the office in heels. And warm indeed, I tossed them on my barefeet last night when Jason and I went out for sandwiches. They do make my feet look a little like muppet feet. We never get to see Ernie and Bert's feet, but if we did I think they'd look like this.
But I'm also not one to like feeling as though I'm just trendy. Jumping on the bandwagon of the latest fashionable thing. One of the many sporting this season's identical shoe/coat/bag.
So where does that leave me? I am not ahead of the trend, and I don't like to follow as part of the herd... so let's just call me Fashionably Late. If it has endured the endorsments of those who came before me and now might qualify as a basic staple of fashion, I'll get it.
And if it's a cozy, nubby boot, and I'm just going into my first Chicago winter, the Ugg is mine. Yeah, you know, the boots that just seemed painfully hippy-dorky five years ago, and then made the big time with Jessica Simpson and the like sporting them. Although I'm the second wind of this fad, I am pleased with my new booties. Warm and cozy, especially after a day of storming around the office in heels. And warm indeed, I tossed them on my barefeet last night when Jason and I went out for sandwiches. They do make my feet look a little like muppet feet. We never get to see Ernie and Bert's feet, but if we did I think they'd look like this.


Comments