And Another...

I thought about it, and what does it matter if I pile on lots more new year's resolutions? Cast your net wide and there are certain to be some resolutions that come out successful, right? A friend resolved to try a new restaurant, in a different neighborhood each month. I liked that and offered to be her dining buddy whenever needed.

I'm planning on going skiing Thursday night. More outdoor sports might be a resolution: skiing, tennis, and remember those rollerblades?

Or, is it ok to resolve the things you're not planning on changing? The things you like just fine about yourself?
- I resolve not to give up caffeine. I like Diet Coke.
- I will continue to expect the best of people. Even if I have second thoughts that the girl who asked to borrow my cell phone on the bus was about to run off with it at the next stop. (Corollary is that I will probably try to figure out how to back up my Contacts before the year is out, just in case.)
- I'm going to continue putting on my seat belt even in situations where other people might look at me funny, like taxi cabs. It helped me out once, so I'm going to keep it up.
- It's ok to put on a pair of clean socks when I get home at night, even if I'm just going to wear them for a couple hours and then go to bed. They make my feet feel cozy and happy, and if happiness is as easy as a pair of soft, clean socks - why not?

Comments

Popular Posts