Passage to India

Saturday (and our out-of-town guest, Tushar) took us to Devon Street, the Indian and Pakistani strip in Chicago. Jason observed that while there is significant animosity in South Central Asia on matters from cricket, Kashmir, and nuclear weapons, on Devon Indians and Pakistanis do business harmoniously side-by-side. (Your 4th-of-July commentary: we are all Americans and this unifies us! Now please pledge allegiance.) Devon is certainly the place to go for your sari and gold jewelry needs. There are many opportunities to purchase carved wood sculptures and finely-crafted, inlaid wood furniture. Not to mention, if you need any luggage or miscellaneous electronics, pick it up here for cheap.
We did the obligatory Indian buffet for lunch, since Devon Street features the best Indian restaurants in Chicago. I was a little full already from my Dunkin Donuts Mango Passion Fruit Smoothie picked up on the way. It was coincidentally a nice prelude, since it tasted much like a mango lassi. Tushar had just returned from India itself so it's doubtful that our lunch compared to mom's cooking.
Here are a few photos from our no-passport-required trip to India.




Comments

Claire said…
Duly honored. Welcome! I'm so halfway to double digits! I'll be assigning club member code names next week to regular readers. Please think about your desired name, Truffle Hunter.
Claire said…
BTW, just an administrator note, I think I figured out how to let anyone comment now. :)

Popular Posts