Little Irking Things


Why does the volume have to get 10x louder when the commercials start?

Why can't I get a normal size of toilet paper anymore? Instead Charmin wants me to spend additional money on a "roll extender" to accommodate a bigger "mega roll." After resisting for 2 years, and digging deeper into the shelves for the normal rolls, even a brief experimentation with Angel Soft, I surrender. I ferreted out an offer on their website for a free extender. I patiently wait. On principle I refuse to pay money for something that only grants me entry to pay more money for related things.

Why do manufacturers assume that if you have enough money for a purchase like a flat screen tv, that you'll have more of that money for the expensive wall mount, the new DVR that costs like $800 and the increased monthly digital DVR fee? Isn't it rather obvious that you just spent a small nest egg on the television itself?

And that CNN Internet Reporter still bugs me.

Comments

That Girl! said…
Wow, I'm starting to feel kinda ghetto with my normal sized charmin' rolls that I get from Costco. Granted there are 50 of them in a pack but no need for an "extender". That is really funny to me.

The "upgrading" is quite a strange American thing, me thinks. Like for example, how many razor blades does a single person truly need to get a close shave. Mark my words, one day, there will be a razor with 20 blades for "the closet shave ever!"
Anonymous said…
We're Angel Soft people. Regular size. The issue for me is that I like paying a buck for a package. I may get twice as much for $1.79, but that just throws me outta' whack. I've been paying the same price for so long, it's just wierd to incur such a drastic increase.

I sound like an old fogey who fears change :

Popular Posts