Bunny Blog (Easter Recap)
The promised second chapter to my weekend was Easter lunch on the upper East Side with my grandmother. I love how posh that sounds, even if it makes me a little snobby. And since this is an Easter blog, I think it calls for lots of cute bunny pictures, mostly borrowed from Cute Overload.The idea of 'going to Grandma's' probably brings to mind a picture in each person's head that is distinct. For me it's being buzzed through the double doors into Grandma's building and then looking through the hallway and up the steep marble stairs to see Grandma come out of her apartment to greet us. (This year she is peeved that they put in a drop ceiling obscuring the view downstairs so this peeking is harder.) There's still the same welcome at the top of the stairs that's greeted me for thirty years, a big hug from Grandma. My head used to nuzzle into her aproned waist and my arms barely reach around, now I lean down to touch my head to hers.
As a little girl who believed in the Easter Bunny I was always so terribly impressed that the Easter Bunny knew we'd be in New York City on Easter Sunday morning because we'd come into Grandma's postage stamp size living room and there would be two baskets filled with candy for me and Juliet. That Easter Bunny, so smart! (Except maybe for his affiliation with GWB.)

Even this Sunday Grandma presented me with a small Easter gift, a porcelain pair of boy-girl swans holding beaded flowers. Such a grandma gift, and I have so not a clue where this will fit in my home. But the fact that it's exactly what she has sitting next to her television (which still carries an antenna, that looks like this bunny's ears) endears it to me.

Sunday was also the chance to see my cousin Michelle, Aunt Marion, and Juliet & Hugh; arrayed around the table we were a regular little Continental Congress with 5 states represented.
I was so delighted to see so many important loved ones (those who I'm related to, and those I'm not) this weekend. And I think that deserves another bunny.


Comments