I Recommend

There are so many times (more than I can count) where I am eager to blog about something that I have just discovered like it's the newest, best, most novel thing in the world, only to google it and find a reference that dates back to 2003. And I am suddenly deflated...and dated.

So who knows how long the hipsters and trendsetters have known about this, but hopefully some of you are just as far behind as me, because I wanted to mention a new podcast I'm enjoying: The Moth.

Go figure, I heard it first on NPR, with a story by Malcom Gladwell (author of The Tipping Point) about a newsroom competition he had to try to insert ridiculously specific passages into his stories, e.g. "perverse and often baffling," and get them past his copy editor before his reporter colleague.

I am hoping the other stories may help me pass the time on this week's flight to Sacramento.

Comments