It's Ok, Please Be Angry


Wow, did Elliot Spitzer find a terrific way to make us stop arguing about the election at home.
I know that everyone on their PR team probably tells them it's the "right" thing to do, but I start to get bewildered when you see the wife stand by her man when these things happen. I dunno, I think it'd be much more satisfying to see her a little pissed off. It's her right, isn't it?
It's beyond believable, turning the corner of ridiculous, when spouses stand there as their husband confesses he's gay and has had a relationship with his aide (Jim McGreevey) or has solicited sex at the airport men's room (Larry Craig.) How embarrassing.
It's a weird day when you're turning to the New York Sun for some honest reporting:
A source close to the governor said Mr. Spitzer and his wife of 20 years, Silda Wall, have spent the day in separate rooms in their apartment. They have emerged from their locations to speak jointly with Mr. Spitzer's lawyers.

"She doesn't want to look at him, and he doesn't want to bear the look that she gives when she does look at him," the source said.

And yes, Hillary was there once too.

Wonkette also offers a humorous comparison of Spitzer and his muppet doppleganger here.

I know these things are somewhat private, (what goes on in a marriage,) but if the wife is going to stand up there at the press conference, maybe she could be allowed to be a little angry. It's so unsatisfying otherwise; sometimes reality on television just doesn't live up to what I've been conditioned to expect from reality television.

Comments

Andra Sue said…
Oh, how that picture of Spitzer next to the Yip Yip Phone Muppet made my day...you have no idea. I laughed until I cried. Maybe it's just late, but damn that was funny.
abby said…
I think that she looked plenty pissed, and the fact that she didn't make eye contact with anyone in the room speaks volumes.

She gave up a successful career to be a political wife, and this is the end of the second career for her, too. It's got to be a hard decision.

Of course, by resigning, he'll be around the house a lot more, so maybe that's why she wants him to stay in office...

Popular Posts