Still Hangin' Tough
I think it's mildly hilarious that the New Kids on the Block are back. Although they are now more the age of the Parents on the Block probably. (All pushing 40 years old.)
And the demographics are right, since I was about 14 at the height of their popularity that I was a NKOTB fan. Buying TigerBeat and BOP magazine at the US Navy base in London to learn that my favorite NKOTB, Joey McIntyre was a Capricorn. (Which meant, since I am a Virgo, that we would be compatible!*)
I was asked by a boy on the school bus what I was listening to on my Walkman one morning, when I replied, "New Kids," thinking that would be cool (if not also true.) What a mistake. I was persecuted for my allegiance for months later, when I saw the boy in the hallways of our high school, he and his friends would sing out the Hangin' Tough anthem, and bust out a few mock dance moves. Deeply embarrassing. Deeply.
I don't think I'll be on the NKOTB bandwagon this time, as no doubt Jason would employ the same tactics to embarrass me out of its consideration. (Thank God we grow up.)
*In their unveiling on the TODAY show this week, Joey made a political joke. I knew we'd be perfect for each other!!!
And the demographics are right, since I was about 14 at the height of their popularity that I was a NKOTB fan. Buying TigerBeat and BOP magazine at the US Navy base in London to learn that my favorite NKOTB, Joey McIntyre was a Capricorn. (Which meant, since I am a Virgo, that we would be compatible!*)
I was asked by a boy on the school bus what I was listening to on my Walkman one morning, when I replied, "New Kids," thinking that would be cool (if not also true.) What a mistake. I was persecuted for my allegiance for months later, when I saw the boy in the hallways of our high school, he and his friends would sing out the Hangin' Tough anthem, and bust out a few mock dance moves. Deeply embarrassing. Deeply.
I don't think I'll be on the NKOTB bandwagon this time, as no doubt Jason would employ the same tactics to embarrass me out of its consideration. (Thank God we grow up.) *In their unveiling on the TODAY show this week, Joey made a political joke. I knew we'd be perfect for each other!!!


Comments