Weather Update

The defining theme of this winter's blog has been regular weather updates, it's true.
Today I walked outside, with my puffy jacket* unzipped and thought, "It's warm! Gloriously warm! It must be 40 degrees!!!"
I was impressed with my growing sensitivity to degree changes towards warmth when I got in the car and the radio announcer provided the temperature as exactly 40 degrees.
It is lamentable that I've now come to define warm as 40 degrees, and the five minutes of sunshine today had my walk down the hallway leading me closer and closer to being pressed against the glass of the windows. How sad to have a day where you don't feel satisfyingly warm until you're at home in bed under the covers. (This may be my own fault though, since I've starting wearing some spring clothes in spite of the stubbornly low temperatures and grey skies.)
*Monday marked the fourth time in two months where I've been stuck soaking wet in my puffy coat. With or without umbrella. I feel the need to somehow refresh the puffy coat. It's surprisingly water resistant, perhaps like the geese that contributed their down to its making. Is there spring cleaning for puffy coats? Like me, the puffy coat has been de-puffed by this weather. Maybe a couple of tennis balls and a dryer sheet in a low-heat dryer?
(A reasonable use for the tennis balls until I can actually play with them again in the spring.)


Comments