Spring Arrives in Time for Summer
Finally, it was warm enough over a Chicago weekend for flower planting! I was off to the local nursery to pick up the flowers I had been doodling in my notebook for weeks. I also made quick visits to superstores Lowes and Home Depot for the variety of reliable peonies that I depend on for their color and easy care.Home Depot was a zoo, where I was knocked into by other people's shopping carts three times! Where did civility and respect go? I left before being taken hold by the impulse to throw geraniums at people.
Now from our deck, and down the little path in front of our building, a trail of happy bright flowers flows. I like coming home and seeing the building brightened, even though the plantings are just in their infancy. I'm eager to see them fill out as they grow and blossom. 

Comments