Deliciously Wicked

I've probably written a note that included the words "Your Mother Does NOT Live Here" along with an admonition to clean some dishes. I can't remember if it was at the dorm or my first job out of college.
A library of delightfully angry notes can be enjoyed on passiveaggressivenotes.com - promising "painfully polite and hilariously hostile writings from shared spaces the world over."
I love the notes reflecting just how far someone has been pushed -- to the point of such outrageous anger -- that they can't spell anymore and forget every grammar lesson they've ever had.
I can't tell who is revealed as the pettier person in these letters: the note writer or the addressee. We drive each other so crazy. (Although I'd probably more often find myself on the side of the note writer.)
The NYT reflects: "Anonymous messages like these, the kind you find stuck to the communal refrigerator or the hallway bulletin board, are a timeworn tradition. They are as much a part of office communication as official memos or e-mail messages and, at times, probably far more effective."
And I can totally think of a few people I'd be writing notes to, if I wasn't able to grit my teeth and rise above their ridiculous, snotty behavior.
Like people who conference call into a staff meeting from their office, when the conference room is just downstairs. We know you're surfing the 'net.

I confess, I was kinda passive aggressive this winter. I fell down a couple of icy stairs in our building so we put out salt for our neighbors to share if they saw slippery patches. The next time we came home absolutely all the salt was gone. (Turns out the guys that the building pays to use the building salt liked ours better. ARGH. I promptly and jealously pulled our salt inside, after dispatching an email to our neighbors. But it was the second time I'd fallen on ice behind our building in as many years!!!)
But that's not all, there are a few others who I wish I could be deliciously wicked to in a no-holds-barred, wild note. The catharsis would be terrific. Bad grammar, misspellings, and ALL!!!!$#(*)(@#!@)!!!!
YOUR SO STUPID!*(^@ WAAAAAH!!$&^%!!!


Comments