Post-Op

I'm on the couch, watching Oprah, window shopping on bluefly.com. (Window shopping, because a $250 tank top is ridiculous - no matter how cute it is.) Foot elevated. Ice for 15 mins every hour. It's a little weird to think about wiggling my toes, but then remember that I probably shouldn't do that.

Jason set me up on IM so I can ping him when I need something while he works in his office, like when my Diet Coke accidentally spilled. Ooopsie!

It's really nice to see people rise to the occasion when you need them. He drove me to a get a milkshake while we waited for Walgreen's to fill my prescription. I think milkshakes are good for any nervous or recovery moment. (It was fun as sisters to get Juliet a milkshake at Ben & Jerry's on the walk back from the salon to the hotel, before her wedding.)

They let Jason come in before I went into the operating room. I was sitting in my cotton gown, under a flannel blanket on a recliner, with the patient socks and surgical cap on my head (like a shower cap) and IV in my hand. He said I looked very fragile. I think the IV was the worst part because I was totally asleep the whole time for the surgery. I don't remember a thing.

My hope is that if I follow doctor's instructions everything should be ok. I think walking might be tough at first. Walking into the house and down the hallway, I had the gait of Frankenstein.

{And thank you to Jason's mom who called to wish me well today, along with my friends who offered to challenge me in Trivial Pursuit if I got bored, or pick up snacks if I needed them.}

For giggles, I think this has to be the funniest Vermont 'Happy Birthday' Teddy Bear - he's in his birthday suit.

Comments

Alcat said…
Claire on pain meds = naked teddy bears.

Love it.

Glad to hear you're home and resting already! Let me know if you'd like any company, entertainment, etc.

Can't wait to see your bootie!

Popular Posts