Proof That I Kayaked

Here are photos of Saturday's kayak expedition provided by Allison. (Thank you!) And by expedition, I mean paddling around between the two flagpoles where the lifeguards could see us, and inadvertently being pulled further out into the lake than we meant to go. Concluding with a hussle-paddle back to shore, where I had to concentrate so much that I could no longer giggle at Allison's funny stories.)

These were taken with her disposable camera that had a "develop by 2003" date on it, but I think it gives the pictures a nostalgic grainy feel. She meant to do that.

My new zeal for the sport is illustrated in photo number two, where I look like an absolute kayaking maniac. I think what was happening here was that I was rapidly going past Allison who was holding the camera. The expression is half-enjoyment, half realization that our instructor never taught me how to brake a kayak. I am holding the paddle a little funny with my left hand because, in addition to the sunburn, I also got a blister on my hand after just about 30 minutes at sea. I have delicate aristocratic hands. They need toughening up before more of this activity.

Comments

That Girl! said…
Cute!!!

Popular Posts