Hair Happy

It's time for a new hairdo. After discussing it with my hairdresser I was so gleeful that I almost wanted to hire her as a daily life coach.
I told her I was getting bored. She replied, "Honey, if you're bored now, it means I've been bored for months. I am so ready for you to try something new! When I saw you on the schedule earlier this week, I wondered what new cut we could do."

I explained to her what I wanted and also shared a surreptitious cell phone photo I had taken of a girl on the train the day before. I should have just asked if I could take her photo because one of my friends caught me in the act by asking, "Are you taking photos of your twin?" I guess she already looked a little like me, so I had confidence the 'do would...do.

My hairdresser described it as a shaggy bob. Although with her Wisconsin accent at first I heard "shaky bob" which made no sense, and then I thought she was saying "shapey bob" and I really had no idea what she meant. Shaggy bob, kind of like Audrey Tatou.

With utmost confidence my hairdresser advised me that it will be a SNAP to grow out my hair. I was so ready to hear all the bad news: that the style wouldn't really work for my hair, or my face shape; or to see a perplexed expression on the stylist's face as she wondered how the heck I would get from point A to point B. But she says it'll be easy, and quick and happy. Her excitement was contagious. Yay.

Comments

That Girl! said…
love her hair and I'm sure it would look quite adorable on you. I think the key to "shaggy" hair is a good texturing product! Agh, but this is coming from the girl with absolutely no texture to her hair so perhaps I'm off base.
Andra Sue said…
Very cute! LOVE the first picture.

Per Leah's advice, I agree you will need some good hair wax. May I suggest Pureology Nanowax? It's *almost* as good as my absolute favorite which was Sebastian Shaper Fiber Wax...of course that one got discontinued 2 years ago (are you even surprised?).

Post pictures!!!

Popular Posts