Socio-Political Reflection
"Mmm, you first e-mailed me right after Valentines Day, so what year was that?" I replied putting the milk carton back into the fridge.
"2003. I remember, the war started."
I turned to him, a little perplexed, "The war?" (Was this some figurative description of our relationship??)
"The war in Iraq. I remember. This is our fifth Valentines."
"That's the event you tie to our meeting? Terrific." I laughed and rolled my eyes.
I don't know if it makes our courtship seem brief or the war seem interminable, but when the war in Iraq began Jason and I had not even met.
Five years later, we are married.
The war continues.
I think the war has been going on for too long. (Not that this means that I want a deadline for a pull-out. I'm honestly not sure if I think that's the best idea, to just drop the problem you can't solve. That you kind of started...)
Cartoon from Get Your War On, which I learned about from the human encyclopedia of the internet, Jason. He's like human RSS.


Comments