Me and the Rest of America

I've been trying to be a little more diligent about going to the gym lately. Me and the rest of America are not quite happy about our bodies. Mostly happy, but room for improvement. Don't call it a new year's resolution though, because that will just doom me.

I have sometimes wondered about the best way to motivate myself to get to the gym, and my focus comes to my gym attire. The chicken and egg dilemma.

- Should I buy cute gym clothes as a way to motivate myself to get to the gym?

- Or should I use cute gym clothes as the reward for regular gym attendance?

(I compromised by going to Marshalls now and finding cute discount clothes.)

A friend has started doing yoga every morning at 5 am on Oxygen TV, Inhale. I might try this.
First I will try it at 5 am, and if that fails I will Tivo it and try it at 7 pm instead. But at either time, am I ready to, "Push [my] butt back until [I] feel a screaming, white-hot sensation that you might know as pain"? Isn't exercise to make you feel good about yourself?

Losing 10 lbs in one week won't happen, especially after yesterday's disappointment getting on the scale and seeing that rather than losing a pound or two, I was now one pound heavier. Dismay! I considered briefly weighing the water volume of my water bottle to see if the increase was a temporary result of water bloating. I just kicked the scale under the cabinet again.

The bad side effect of going to the gym is that I come home with an appetite. This seems like a confession that should be featured on a Weight Watchers commercial, but the other weekend I came home from the gym so hungry... that I made myself lasagna. Gooey, four cheese, lasagna. (I did not weigh myself after that meal.)

Comments

That Girl! said…
I try and make myself a really great playlist of music that I tell myself I can only listen to while at the gym and somehow that has motivated me quite a few times. Or I let myself have a long bubble bath and a good soak at home if I've done my workout.

I go to the gym a lot but even I'm not a fan. Making it a routine does really help a lot. And as much as I hate to say it, morning exercise tends to be better for me b/c at the end of the day I have a lot of excuses for why I don't wanna go!

Popular Posts