Spring! Spring! Spring!..and then SUMMER!

It's Memorial Day weekend and this can only mean that spring is on its way, with summer to follow shortly.
I am hoping that we earned extra credit with the long grey winter that we have placed out of spring rains. (Although I did have cute wellingtons at the ready for the season.)

Chicaogist reminds us of all the things that make summer so fun.
I'd add:
- Sleeping with the windows open and just a light cotton sheet on top
- Speckled sunshine falling through the green leaves on the trees onto the hood of the car
- Flowers on the deck (something I completed today!)
- Grilling outside
- Reading outside on the deck
("deck" and "outdoors" are key themes here. I can't believe I forgot to tell my realtor that a deck was a 'must have' but she has caught on quickly.)
- Opening the sunroof on the car
- Living 3 blocks from the beach
- the Mexican men wheeling their ice cream carts around the neighborhood (and getting an ice cream sandwich with Jason from them at the beach.)
- Not wanting to go away on vacation because summer is Chicago in its heyday
There will be complaints about summer gas prices (national average $3.91, but we pay the highest prices in the nation... but balance that with our many public transportation options. I think we make out ok.


Comments