This Might be the Problem

My i-Pod workout playlist is kind of like a really cluttered, bursting at the seams closet. Every song that I might have once thought had an upbeat to it, I tossed in there.
Now it's a hodge-podge of songs, some that I like, some that I don't, and some that I don't know I've listened to more than just once. I often find myself on the treadmill taking my sweaty palms off the heart rate monitors to click through to another song. And then another song. And then I don't like that song so much either, so click again.
I decided to enlist the 'wisdom of crowds' of iTunes to look for a better workout playlist. While I was at it, I shopped around for a cooldown playlist too.
The epiphany that followed suggests why my regular gym visits never seem to have the miraculous transformative results that Bally's commercials promise.
The songs on the iTunes cooldown playlists...are the same songs on my existing workout playlist.
The songs on their workout playlists have crazy frenetic dance beats behind them and sound like a regular song, played with your finger half pressing the fast-forward button on the tape cassette player. (Like I did to make Madonna sound like she was a member of Alvin & the Chipmunks in grade school.)
And more sad still, this was a workout playlist that was billed as moderately paced.


Comments
http://www.womenshealthmag.com/fitness/playlists?cm_mmc=Newsletter-_-2008_May_09-_-Fitness-_-The%20Best%20Workout%20Playlists.Top.1
-JK