Blog Lag


Did the initial intrigue of blogging quickly fade? (Jason says that every blog has about three appearances by that statement.) Not so much as the din of life became so loud that I've had so few moments to think these days.
We're moving to Chicago!
When I first moved to Columbus, Jason asked me to write down my expectations of my new hometown. His expectation being that I'd quickly be proven wrong with prejudices like, "Columbus is a small, farm town." It's not. Of course, I think one of my initial thoughts was (honestly) "I will see more cows than in Philadelphia." I don't know why I thought this, but I did. Ironically, I moved into a neighborhood near the OSU Agricultural School. Sure enough: cows. Nearly everyday I saw cows.
I don't think I'll see so many cows in Chicago.
Of course, they did have that "Cow Parade" cross-city art installation a few years ago, so maybe wherever I go I'll be destined to find cows nearby. The Indian culture might consider me to be very fortunate.

Comments

abby said…
it's hard to count a city as a City if there are cows within the limits. i understand. here's to fiberglass cows painted like tiffany windows!
james wells said…
Congrats! That's wonderful. I'm very excited for you. We blog readers need more details. When are you moving? Exactly how rare do you enjoy your cow?
Claire said…
I enjoy my cow medium rare. I'm tempted to go full rare, but then have second thoughts about the disclaimers at the bottom of menus that deny restauranters all responsibility if you die from undercooked meat. But I guess I should be eating sushi then either... yum sushi.
Unknown said…
I rather like my cows rare... and I don't recall going to many restaurants with disclaimers on their menus. Chicago has some really wierd restauarnts I want to try... not Charlie Trotter's, though, it's far to fussy for Abby. I'm thinking someplace like Moto, Avenue, or Alinea.

Popular Posts