Takin' it to the Streets


Under the long list of 'things that I didn't know about Chicago' is the many, many, many street festivals. Every weekend there are at least one or two. The downside is that this inevitably means running into traffic disruptions every weekend too, so there's nothing better than a street festival that is just a block and a half away. And when a band you know from home is playing, even better. (Jason and I spent much of the set debating whether this band had gotten away from its hippie band roots. I argue that the organ ties it to its past, and its die-hard ponytailed fans.)
Our little first annual Clark Street festival showed the diversity of our fledgling neighborhood. I thought this photo provided an apt juxtaposition.
(Hey, but that doesn't mean we're beyond stereotypes and labels.)
Here are a few more photos of the scene, as well as the little guy who was waiting for us when we arrived home. I love neighbors with puppies. All the love, none of the pooper-scooper.


Comments

Popular Posts