10 Point Perfect Night!
Last night we celebrated getting married with closest friends and family from near and far at our 6-months later wedding reception. Among the evening's delights:
1. The floral arrangements that I'd worked with a florist to design as reminiscent of being in Hawaii. The florist told me that after I'd left my appointment to see the mock-up another bride walked in and ordered the same arrangements for her wedding day.
2. The super attentive staff of the restaurant who never let a glass go empty for more than one sip.
3. Finding the perfect orange orchids for my hair just a couple days before. I didn't know it until I was walking out of the salon, but my hairdresser apparently has a reputation at her workplace for claiming that she can't do wedding hair. I joked about when they were going to tell me that... but she did a terrific job.
4. What other girl gets to wear her wedding gown twice (especially with the same guy on her arm?)
5. My brother-in-law finding the opportunity to don his Scottish kilt. (Darn it, the only photo I have in my camera is blurry!)
6. The "after party" at Pops for Champagne. I love champagne and I love champagne bars. (A very appropriate recommendation from one of my friends.)
7. Seeing our friends dressed up in their party frocks. I realized that I had never seen one of Jason's friends without a baseball cap...ever. Everyone cleaned up so well!
8. The kindness of a thoughtful friend Allison who had e-mailed me a list of 12 things she could help me with in party planning. She set up the card table and packed all of the presents into her car so we didn't have to worry about taking them home ourselves. And this was all in the face of losing her power steering on Lake Shore Drive. Extended gratitude goes to her boyfriend's mom who let Allison borrow her car for the night!
9. The sapphire blue party dress that I changed into after cocktail hour. (Since it wasn't *really* my wedding day, I guess it was a little greedy to consider wearing my wedding gown all night long.) This was the Jessica McClintlock dress I'd wanted since I was reading Seventeen magazine!
We held our party at a swank restaurant in the heart of downtown Chicago.
It was fun to have everyone come into Chicago, although you could see that many were a little fatigued from their daytime tourist jaunts. I felt the same way this afternoon and finally succumbed to taking a nap on our living room couch.
So #10. is taking a heartily yearned for afternoon nap under a blanket tucked around me by Jason.
1. The floral arrangements that I'd worked with a florist to design as reminiscent of being in Hawaii. The florist told me that after I'd left my appointment to see the mock-up another bride walked in and ordered the same arrangements for her wedding day.
3. Finding the perfect orange orchids for my hair just a couple days before. I didn't know it until I was walking out of the salon, but my hairdresser apparently has a reputation at her workplace for claiming that she can't do wedding hair. I joked about when they were going to tell me that... but she did a terrific job.
6. The "after party" at Pops for Champagne. I love champagne and I love champagne bars. (A very appropriate recommendation from one of my friends.)
7. Seeing our friends dressed up in their party frocks. I realized that I had never seen one of Jason's friends without a baseball cap...ever. Everyone cleaned up so well!
8. The kindness of a thoughtful friend Allison who had e-mailed me a list of 12 things she could help me with in party planning. She set up the card table and packed all of the presents into her car so we didn't have to worry about taking them home ourselves. And this was all in the face of losing her power steering on Lake Shore Drive. Extended gratitude goes to her boyfriend's mom who let Allison borrow her car for the night!
9. The sapphire blue party dress that I changed into after cocktail hour. (Since it wasn't *really* my wedding day, I guess it was a little greedy to consider wearing my wedding gown all night long.) This was the Jessica McClintlock dress I'd wanted since I was reading Seventeen magazine!
We held our party at a swank restaurant in the heart of downtown Chicago.
So #10. is taking a heartily yearned for afternoon nap under a blanket tucked around me by Jason.


Comments